Monday, February 28, 2011

Oh, the places you've gone! pt3

Made it back to Minnesota just in time to watch fireworks with my parents back home and catch the midnight premier of Twilight: New Moon? Eclipse? 
Quickly headed up to the North Shore, visiting Zack and Rachel and Kaleb at their place in Duluth. Spent time playing Apples to Apples and sitting on the shores of Lake Superior.
Since Kat and I moved out of 2210 before the trip west, I didn't have a house to come home to. Spent time between my parents' place and Adam's basement (where Kali chased mice in the night) for a few weeks before we found a nice place in Saint Paul. 
Largely, I spent time biking around Como Lake and Downtown, spending a lot of time finding hidden flower gardens and exploring the Mississippi River in St. Paul. 

Adam and I caught the fireworks alongside the Mississippi on the 4th of July in St. Paul. The streets along the river were jampacked with people and it took me about 10 minutes to parallel park my car, but the lights were very beautiful, especially with downtown as a backdrop.
In mid-July I finally experienced the glories of Zack's parent's cabin around Minong, Wisconsin. We indulged in many games of Hearts, drinks on the beach, homemade dinners, and walks through the woods. I must have took a hundred pictures of Kaleb (which are all super adorable and I should maybe post at sometime). Here are a couple:
With August came Kathleen's birthday and a foray into the northwoods to catch solarflares away from the city lights. While we, unfortunately, saw none, it was nice to get out of the city nonetheless.

Back up at ZRK's cabin for one last summer hurrah - a couple of days along the lake in the woods with a handful of psychedelics. Became aware of movement I never knew existed. Devoured the most succulent fruit. Became convinced I was immune to the wrath of bees and mosquitos. Stared at the floor of an outdoor tennis court for hours. Laughed and laughed and laughed, and experienced the worst headache and best shower I've ever had.
But then it was back to the real-world: school.


No comments:

Post a Comment