Monday, June 21, 2010

Our Little Mouser

Speaking of kittens.... A few months ago, in the middle of the night, Kali was scuffling around on the floor making lots of noise and waking me up. She was sniffing around in a specific spot and I reached out to see if I could feel what it was in the dark. I touch Adam's backpack and thought maybe he had left some food in their that Kali wanted to get at. I nudged him awake and asked him he had; he mumbled something and fell back asleep. 
Kali kept it up for a while. Annoyed, I sat up in bed and reached out again for the bag intending to hide it from her for the night. As I did so, I felt tiny little feet race across my arm and across the room. I screamed and woke up Adam, who was concerned the aliens were finally here.
Since then, Kali has been sniffing out the little guys all around the basement. However, we're unsure if there are several milling about or if there is just one or two because she seems incapable of killing them. She simply chases them around until she can corner it and get it in her mouth when she promptly finds the nearest person to show it off to. She then drops it at their feet and bats it around for show until someone takes pity on the poor mouse and brings it outside, full of little kitten bites all over it's tail and body.
Last night, she was up to it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment