Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Golden Gate Park/SanFran Botanical Gardens

Big cities unnerve us - it's mostly the cars and freeways. Especially in California. Everyone seems in a hurry to go so fast. Adam and I - where are we trying to rush to? We've got all of the time in the world. Everyone has all of the time in the world. Back in Minneapolis I seem to always speed down 94 on my way to and from work, frustrated by sunday drivers. But out here this fast pace is unnerving when you are an outsider - a traveler with no particular place to go.
Neither of us have been to SanFran, and Adam wished to avoid the city, but I, for whatever reason, insisted that we go. He obliged on the condition that I drove through the city.
Immediately aware that the mass amount of cars and hustle n' bustle was not what he wanted, we decided our stay would be short. On advice from my sister we went to Golden Gate Park and the San Francisco Botanical Gardens.
I could have walked through the park for hours in the cool ocean air, gazing at flowers and people as they passed us by, taking little notice of the fantastic greenery.
Walking past the conservatory, we discovered that admission was free today. Inside they had numerous beautiful blooming orchids.

No comments:

Post a Comment