Monday, August 29, 2011

last morning

Last morning in the park. I had spent some time debating where my last hike would be; I ended up decided to go somewhere new, cross off a few more miles on my map, rather than visit an old favorite.
The fog hung low that morning and clouds were racing in over the Divide; looks like a wet one.

Low-hanging clouds in Moraine Park

In Moraine Park, looking towards the Divide.
These strange clouds were swirling quickly in the deep valley.

A familiar scene: Hallett Peak and Flattop Mtn from Bear Lake.
Notice the dark clouds coming in

Mist over Bear Lake

Bear Lake

Nymph Lake

Dream Lake, just after the Haiyaha Junction.
Just up the path I was started by a large bull elk, thrashing amongst the trees.
Needless to say, I gave him plenty of time to move on.


Nearing the rocky shore of Lake Haiyaha

Lake Haiyaha

By this point the rain was coming down;
the clouds and the rain seemed perfectly fitting for  the hike.


I extended this looped hike a bit by visiting Mills Lake one last night. The lighting wasn't terribly flattering for photos but it was quite fulfilling for the soul.

Rocky Mountain National Park: Where my love for nature and solitude were re-awoken and where my desire to use my legs as much as possible began.

1 comment:

  1. "Mist over bear lake" is my favorite. great shot. love the textures.

    ReplyDelete