Friday, May 21, 2010

rockymtns

Intended on heading up, up, up into Rocky Mtn. Nat'l Park, but the elevation got to me, so we stayed headed back down, below the snow line.

We had intended to camp along the base of the mountains just west of Boulder, but many campgrounds were closed due to snow, and those that weren't closed... well, there was still quite a bit of snow and I'm a freeze-baby, so we continued west.
We jumped on I-70, as that's one of the only routes across the mountains, going 70miles an hour at 7,000 ft. amongst snow and rocky craigs. I now understand the alure of the mountains, the calling of the West.
Tunneling through rock, most of the towns we came through were filled with newly-built resorts and chalets, now-abandoned in mid-May.


while searching for a campsite, Adam was sweet enough to make me a pb&j in the darkness of empty Colorado ski towns.

No comments:

Post a Comment