Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Santa Susanna Pass

Looking towards the San Fernando Valley
Accidently found myself hiking in Santa Susanna State Historic Park yesterday when I found an opening in a gate whilst on a morning run. The park has many trails, but none are marked or labeled. Further, even though I'm still technically in Los Angeles, this is mountain lion territory, so I was a bit afraid to explore too much on my own without anyone knowing where I was (lest I get maimed and eaten). It had rained the day before, so the smog abated a bit, and I could see the snow-covered mountains in the distance and it was quite lovely. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera on hand.
I returned the next day, better prepared and with a partner in tow, but the smog had returned and the mountains in the distance were hardly visible.


Evidence of an old ranch that had burned.
(Fact: the ranch that the Manson family took over was around these hills)






"L.A. County Boundary Line"




Poison Oak  - the bane of my existence this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment